Header Ads

What is BABY OVER in Cricket – [Fully Explained]

Cricket is a great game. It’s a gentleman game. I love this game so much. I always play this. I feel happy to work for cricket. It’s my super power. It has many interesting, unknown, hidden secrets, rules, facts. You must know about it. 
2020cricketupdates.blogspot.com
What-is-BABY-OVER-in-Cricket – [Fully Explained]


If you clicked on this post, that’s mean you are a cricket fan. Surely you played cricket. If you are interested in cricket, you must hear about a term. That is “Baby Over.”
                                     
OH, Yes. This Baby Over you, me and other one played during match.

But, what is Baby Over? Where is this baby over used?  What is the rule of Baby Over? Why this over is given?

Everything I will tell you but  you must connect with me. So that I could tell you everything in details.

As we watch International match or play Gully Cricket, there are some connection between them.
I am telling you about a bowler who bowl best.
 
Ha…ha…ha…

I mean, I any bowler bowl wide ball continuously or provide extra runs; that is Baby over.

But how many balls?

As I played gully cricket there, if any bowler bow back to back 3 wide balls then everyone alert him. Then if he delivers another wide ball, the over is called Baby over.

So, what does the baby over mean?

Baby over means if any bowler deliver first two balls perfect. But from the 3rd ball he delivered back to back 3 balls wide. And from then, umpire remind him not to do it once again. But avoiding the warning if he delivers it once again; umpire show him baby over.


Also, he has to accept a punishment. That is the full over he has to complete. So that the batting team get some extra runs as a gift.

In our gully cricket there are some bowlers like Shakib, Bumrah, Ashwin etc. who can bowl short, high spin.

WOW, ……

I also bowl. But I didn’t bowl wide after 2 bowls. I was talented. I had a special ability that is, I can bowl wide full over.


Oh, yes. In ICC rule book, there is not written any baby over.

In an international  cricket, if any bowler deliver back to back wide balls; he has to bowl the full over.

Otherwise, there is no other particular options. He can get out from field to skip the over.

But there are two conditions. They are-
·      Emergency
·      Any types of injuries.

In history, a bowler have who delivered the most extra runs. He is Mohammad Sami.

Yes, I am talking about Pakistan bowler Mohammad Sami. He delivered 18 extra runs.

It's so sad. Because on that match Pakistan was defeated for him.  But most of the baby over don’t occur in an international match. Because to play international match players work heart and soul. And then he got entered an international match.

So how is this? About cricket what do you want to know? 
Comment me below.

Want to know more, Click here
Thanks.

No comments

Please Don't Enter Any Spam Link

Powered by Blogger.